Tuesday, 30 June 2009.

This morning someone called. They sounded remarkably like Awa. I greeted them with an enthusiastic 'HIIIIII'. (What would you expect?) They hung up on me. They called back. Apparently it was Kathy's form teacher.

*dead*

Awa, you should call more often. >>

Anyway, that idiocy pretty much sums up how I've felt lately. The school has decided which of its students it considered exceptionally gifted, sticking them in some labelled group or other with their incredibly consistent bad naming skills, and I'm not one of them, much to my shock/horror/dismay/emo-ism. (If you don't know me well and you're reading this, I wouldn't be surprised if the past sentence made me come across as an insufferably arrogant delusional maniac. Don't worry. I come across as that to myself a lot too.)

I've ditched my manga project.

I've ditched the second manga project I originally took up as a replacement for the first.

I've explored the Hetalia fandom and found it small- what would you expect?- so I'll probably move on to something else soon if I don't stay to finish my fanfic. (Hopefully I'll actually finish this fic, as opposed to previous ones.)

Of course, if I do post my fanfic anywhere, I'll probably become part of the fandom for once and make a couple friends. Isn't that what hopeless people do, make friends online?

Don't mind me, I'm just being emo. And I have orange juice in my eyes from rubbing my eyes while eating oranges and although it doesn't sting anymore it's clinging to my eyelashes and obscuring my vision by making my eyes tear.

You try being cheerful with orange juice in your eyes.

No, really. I dare you.

>>

This post is actually partly just to prove to myself that I DO have the sticking power to keep up with writing a blog, even if my mangas all meet dismal premature deaths.

Also to promote Hetalia.

Hetalia is a manga. In yonkoma format. Online. (yonkoma=4 panels, vertical, read top-to-bottom.)

Basically a cross between a manga and a webcomic, and IT IS AWESOME.

So awesome that when they put it in volumes, it sold like millions of copies, (perhaps I exaggerate?) even though they could just read it online.

'Big deal', people might be thinking. For a manga, yeah, you can get it all online anyway. But how many webcomics would you buy volumes of?

It is very politically incorrect. NO REALLY. The characters are all anthropomorphic personifications of countries. This can sometimes get a bit overwhelming. Especially with all the blatant shonen-ai undertones throughout.

Imagine a Germany/Italy ship. No really, imagine it. Is your brain broken yet?

I thought so.

The author is a guy, oddly enough.

(Tsundere, yandere, you name it, they've got it, and IT IS SO DAMN CUTE.)

Obviously, my brain was broken rather a while back, and so you shouldn't mind my rambling. It's not the first time I've been promoting a manga series to the world at large. But I should stop now, before I descend into incoherency.







When I get bored of Hetalia, I guess I'll sound out the Suzumiya Haruhi fandom for music and fanfics and icons and stufffff.

Have you ever noticed that some manga are popular in two distinct ways?

In one group you have DBZ, Naruto, Furuba, Inuyasha, etc, and your perfectly normal average non-otaku has a decent chance of having read a little of at least one. In the other group, Azumanga Daioh, Suzumiya Haruhi, Lucky Star, maybe Evangelion, they're more like cult favourites. Everyone who's an otaku has some knowledge of at least one, but if someone's going to just read one manga, it won't be one of them.

(Yoru-senpai, if you're reading this, you're a blatant anomaly in the face of my painstakingly-researched-and-thought-out conclusions, and I desperately hope you're the only one of your kind around.)

Hetalia definitely falls into the latter category. If it counts as popular at all. It certainly has an enthusiastic fanbase, but yes, small, painfully so. As does Vivi's precious Touhou, I guess, since she tells me it's so popular.

{ 7:41 pm }

narcissism.

edith.
27 July
SAS

materialist.

iPod
new schoolbag
books
laptop
watercolours

noise.

nonsense.

Vivian
Ji Hyun
Yoru-senpai (aka Jacen)
Nikki
Kesh
Rachelly
Yu Han
Onion-san
Isaac
Kuo Xuan
Cyrus
Shasha
Awa
M10309
Ruth
Russell
Joey

memories.

May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 August 2011

thanks.

Layout by BAKEDPOTATOE, with help from sm3no for the image and fonts, Print Dashed and Violation.