Sunday, 9 August 2009.
Well, here's the long-overdue post on National Day celebrations and such...I remembered to wear a red t-shirt, at least, and I turned up on time- went to bother Henpai too, if I remember correctly. He was explaining something to Rebekah-san (I THINK that's how she spells her name, minus the -san of course) and looking very occupied. ^^
So anyway I brought the brownies, which went over well by the way, and then we all went to the Hall. (Did I mention I brought Casey, the Fluffy Toy Dog?) So anyway we were in the Hall and there was a lot of marching around by some people with flags and I'm fairly sure Amanda-senpai was playing the cymbals, since I saw them practicing the day before, but I couldn't actually SEE her.
Also there was a lot of shouting in Malay. And flags.
Did I ever mention that when they play Majulah Singapura and we're all standing out on the track or in the Hall or even in the classroom, at the end of each line there's often this chorus of sniffles, like people have been waiting for the entire line of music to end before attempting to clear their nasal passages? And then at the end it's 'Majulah~*sniff* Singapura~~*sniff*'.....
Is it very disrespectful of me to mention this? ^^;;;;; It IS what happens, after all, at least right now in the flu season and all. (is it flu season anyway? People are getting the flu right left and centre, so it should count....)
Is Awa's and Naomi's and Ri-chan's and Onion-san's school like this too? Or is it just NUSHS that's so sickly as a rule? Or maybe just the Year 2 classes, I wouldn't know....
So ANYWAY. There was NO synchronised sniffling during the National Day Celebration playing of Majulah Singapura, so I guess people either recovered or got more respectful- either way, it's not like I'm complaining.
And then there was a Don't Forget the Lyrics competition between Fleming and Fibo and Nobel and Faraday and in the end Faraday and Nobel won. Yay Faraday~~~~~~~
Most of them were really easy. But for one, the Fleming reps had to get help from a member of the audience...^^;;;;;;
Then there was a lot of singing.... Not that the songs themselves have that much merit, although they do possess a specific appeal...it's just that this is a very school-only thing, and I suddenly miss RGPS a heck of a lot...(when I was in RGPS and this happened, I started crying because I missed SIS back in HK. I guess it's just a generally nostalgic thing.)
I really like the atmosphere though!! Not the songs, not the choir-although-it-is-quite-good-I-guess, just the part where everyone is singing all these songs that I've heard once a year since I was in kindergarten at Singapore International School in Hong Kong, and wearing red, and...I dunno, but it's like it's one of my favourite moments in the year.
Now if Awa and Ri-chan and Shasha and Joey and Naomi and So Phia and Lin Min and Amanda Lee and Mandy Chan and Claire Yip....this is getting too long. If EVERYONE from RGPS GEP '07 had been there, it would have been perfect. ^^
Of course, my school has some of its own intriguing qualities. Like the string of guys holding onto each other and yelling the lyrics while someone else acts in a distinctly perverted fashion to the guy on the end of the line. And the girls giggling and doing whatever it is that most of them do. (I wasn't included, instead Leyi and Verena and Vivian and I ended up holding onto each other's shoulders and singing in a line, while also laughing and looking highly odd, or so I gathered from the photo.) And then there were a couple of people sitting on the floor, which somehow added to the overall effect. It's just like, there's this huge hall full of people wearing red and white and singing incredibly familiar songs, and it gets quite enjoyable after a while. Even if it always starts with one thinking 'Oh no, not this again,' and 'When will the potluck start??'
The potluck wasn't bad. I spent some time yoyo-ing between my class and 207, but Vivi and I settled in my class after a while. Most people had some brownie, and there were lots of chips. I just managed to get a cup of sweetened green tea; the drinks ran out not long after that. Nikki brought cupcakes. (It probably doesn't help that I've read fanfics in which 'D'you want some icing on your cupcake?' is some kind of bizarre pickup line.)
We tried to get Mr Cheong to moonwalk. He tried to get Yu Han to moonwalk. (Just like he got Yu Han to demonstrate push-ups to the class last time.) Yu Han slid halfway across the floor. Fail. ^^
There was a lot of music, but most songs didn't get half done before some of several opposing factions switched the track. Oh well.
Then Vivi and I left and went to the MRT station. Leyi caught up with us halfway, then we waited for Verena for a while. But they were going in the opposite direction anyway.
It's rather long from Clementi to Tampines.
But we got seats after a while.
Vivi and I listened to a couple of Code Geass openings and endings and I remembered that I liked them, so I got them last night. I also got 'Shoujo Meiro de Tsukamaete', the first Strawberry Panic opening.
Anyway we ended up at Tampines MRT station from which we took a bus to her house. We very serendipitously met Lin Min at the bus stop. She showed us a rather fanservicy drawing of hers and discussed Copic Markers. I can't really remember what else we talked about, but at any rate it was great to see her.
So Vivi and I stopped at Onion-san's place and passed her mom the brownies. Curiously enough, her mom knew who I was. I guess Onion-san talks about me more than I expected her to.
Anyway we then went to Vivi's place and I looked at several back issues of Reader's Digest and laughed at the jokes and also at the picture of Cirno on the wall. (If I write Chiruno, it means I'm talking about Chiruno-senpai.)
Also Communist is making an alarmingly loud humming noise.
But ANYWAY.
We then set off on our Get-Ri-Chan-A-Get-Well-Soon-Package. So we bought her a green mushroom plushie and a pink GET WELL SOON card from Action City, a pack of Tiramisu Dessert Pocky from the basement and a Code Geass poster from Comics Connection. I didn't end up with anything for myself. We got Awa a kind of strawberry pocky because the cover looked like it was a better kind of strawberry pocky than the ordinary kind. At any rate the icing is lighter pink with darker pink specks. I think. That's what the box looked like.
I think I now owe Vivi a whole month's worth of Milo.
Then we went to the Library and wrote on the card for Ri-chan and I read a little Calvin and Hobbes.
Then I got picked up at 3:30 and Vivi left around then, never mind that she'd told her mom she'd be home at 3. (I kinda feel bad about that.)
Anyway, Ri-chan says she's better, so Onion-san should just pass her the stuff on Tuesday. I don't think Onion-san reads my blog much, so can you tell her for me, Awa?
Then yesterday nothing much happened, except Vivi was telling me that punk goth loli was a contradiction in terms on Friday so I drew a picture of someone wearing what I'd consider punk goth loli. I will show it to her on Tuesday and yell QED. (sorry, sorry, that's an inside joke between me and several other people who don't even read this blog. Thing is, QED means 'thus it is proven' when you're doing math, and a guy in my math class on Saturdays used to write SO THERE instead at the end of his proofs, so now the two are interchangeable.)
What DID Jacjac get for SMO, Awa?
Anyway, today is Scheduledly Homework Day, which means I should probably start on chem because even the file is due Tuesday. And then I shall do a little Chinese. I'll probably have to take a make-up dictation on Wednesday anywayy.
Byebye~
{ 10:36 am }
narcissism.
edith.
27 July
SAS
materialist.
noise.
nonsense.
Vivian
Ji Hyun
Yoru-senpai (aka Jacen)
Nikki
Kesh
Rachelly
Yu Han
Onion-san
Isaac
Kuo Xuan
Cyrus
Shasha
Awa
M10309
Ruth
Russell
Joey
memories.
May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 August 2011
thanks.
Layout by BAKEDPOTATOE, with help from sm3no for the image and fonts, Print Dashed and Violation.