Sunday, 16 August 2009.

I just had chocolate ice cream!!! xDDD

And all the people I'm trying to talk to on MSN are dao-ing me.

And I've spent today doing half a Chinese summary that isn't due till Friday and mugging physics.

If an incident beam is not parallel to the principal axis of a lens, the lens focuses the beam to a point on the focal plane. If an incident beam is parallel to the principal axis, the beam will be focussed to a point at the principal focus. The focal length f is the distance between the optical centre and the principal focus. Total internal reflection takes place when a beam is travelling from an optically denser towards an optically less dense medium at an angle greater than the critical angle, which is the angle of incidence for which the angle of refraction in the optically less dense medium is 90 degrees.

Yeah, my life is boring right now.

Yesterday was even worse, although I got to look at the new house a bit and run around and stare at it. It has a bit of a lawn. And a hose in the car porch. And my mom's already talking about putting in bougainvilleas. Then I went home and suffered from a severe case of allergy after math olympiad class, where we talked about complex numbers and I got Copic Marker black ink all over Sean's arm on purpose and talked about spherical cows. (looks like the Copic marker is useful after all~~ Thanks, Awa!! ^^)

Him: What IS a spherical cow?
Me: Envision a spherical cow in a vacuum.
Him: And?
Me: Look it up on Wikipedia.

There's a joke somewhere on the lines of Sean's and my joke about 'sightings of spirits in the hostel,' because there IS an article on spherical cows in Wikipedia, but it's...well. Just like there are rumours of spirits in the hostel, except not the ghost kind of spirits.


Spherical cow is a metaphor for highly simplified scientific models of reality. The
phrase comes from a joke about theoretical
physicists
:


Milk production at a dairy farm was low so the farmer wrote to the
local university, asking help from academia. A multidisciplinary team of
professors was assembled, headed by a theoretical physicist, and two weeks of
intensive on-site investigation took place. The scholars then returned to the
university, notebooks crammed with data, where the task of writing the report
was left to the team leader. Shortly thereafter the farmer received the
write-up, and opened it to read on the first line: "Consider a spherical cow in
vacuum. . . ."[1]

As with
any mathematical joke, it is told in many variants.[2] The point of the joke is that physicists will often reduce a problem to its simplest form in order to make calculations more feasible, even though such simplification may hinder the model's application to reality. The spherical cow analogy has also been applied to various other objects including Supernova and MIT's 6.01 Laboratory Robots.

...yeah. ^^

Which reminds me of 'consider a spherical ball of Amanda in a vacuum'. I guess YS must have gotten to that Wikipedia article before me.

And Friday was interesting too, because there was CIP which consisted of feeding the old people and a very fail math test, but that was before and I was very fail like I said and don't really want to talk about it. And then there was CIP, which, like I said, mostly consisted of feeding the old people.

We collected the bee hoon and nuggets and stufff from Stall 1 at 3 and paid $61 in total. Then we went upstairs and unloaded it and Kesh and Clarice who were free or pwning came with us. I had to help stabilise the chairs on the cart with Teck Chye and Amanda. A lot of stuff went in Ms Valerie Lim's van.

Then we got to the void deck and started setting things up and there was this one dratted table leg that wouldn't unfold and KM knocked it over to fix it and I was holding onto the other end and kind of swore when it just collapsed. Then all these old people came and turned up and Ms Valerie Lim had a bit of a blonde moment trying to figure out whether Bengawan Solo was halal.

Then Ms Adeline Koh turned up too and the two of them talked to old people in dialect and Clarice who apparently speaks some kind of dialect too got dragged off to the other block to persuade people to come. Nobody did.

Xing Jing tried to talk to a Malay old lady in Chinese.

I think we were supposed to talk to them, but all I really ended up saying was "Auntie, bee hoon?" and "Auntie, chili?"

It didn't help that 'bee hoon' sounded like 'Ji Hyun'.

And there was this really cute 3-or-so-year-old kid some grandma brought along, and people with cellphones took pictures of her. Mostly the old people glared at us. I can't imagine why.

Plus there were 3 small-sized freeloaders, about 7 years old, who kept running off with the nuggets and hot dogs and drinks and biscuits. Notice they didn't help eat any of the bee hoon.

Then we sat around and talked about Clarice's hypothetical boyfriend and Clarice did a lot of attempted murdering and KM told us how he pushed Ji into Jit, with a lot of pervo innuendo to go with it, and Ji Hyun did a lot of attempted murdering too.

Then we walked back after an hour or two, and Clarice realised that OMG I PWNED SJAB I IS SCREWED and started SMSing some CCA leader or whatever.

Clarice: Aaargh! He's going to screw me! *referring to CCA leader*

(takes out phone and SMSes: 'where')

Ji Hyun: Where else?

Ji Hyun and Cash: *uncontrollable laughter*

Clarice and me: ...hah?

Ji Hyun: Where do you think he's going to screw you? *motions to general abdominal area*

Clarice: *mass murders*

Then we had to fill in Clarice's SJAB walkathon card in a hurry. Everyone donated some money, and we did a great deal of running around. I think Ji was pretty disappointed Claire only donated two bucks.

I was helping to collect money too!

Me: My classmate forgot to collect any money....could you please donate a little? It's for St John's.....

Sean: Hah?

Me: Even five cents is okay....

Sean: What's it for?

Me: It'll go to charity...

Sean: What charity?

Me: St John's Ambulance Brigade....

Sean: What do they need it for?

Me: ....to buy ambulances?

Maybe I wasn't so good at it, but in the end he did donate $1.65. After first giving me a five-cent coin and being very surprised when I didn't bargain any more...he was kind of like WHAT REALLY? and gave me another handful of loose change. ^^;;;;;;

Also after that Henpai and Vivi and I were talking a lot. About how I'm moving near Coronation Plaza which Henpai also lives near. And how he'll need to padlock everything now or something. But he doesn't really mind, because now he can hitch a ride home sometimes or something.

What he does mind is when I yell 'VIVIAN DATING SIM! HENPAI PATH! FLAGS ACTIVATED!' which is basically like shipping him with Vivian. The first time, he started chasing me, which was fail because I'm faster than him. After he stopped running I ran back and grabbed his bag and he grabbed it and we tug-of-warred over it and Vivi joined my side and we snapped a seam or something.

His birthday is next month.

The second time, he gave me the finger. Because he was going home and couldn't be bothered.

^________^;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Everyone is still dao-ing me.

{ 7:23 pm }

narcissism.

edith.
27 July
SAS

materialist.

iPod
new schoolbag
books
laptop
watercolours

noise.

nonsense.

Vivian
Ji Hyun
Yoru-senpai (aka Jacen)
Nikki
Kesh
Rachelly
Yu Han
Onion-san
Isaac
Kuo Xuan
Cyrus
Shasha
Awa
M10309
Ruth
Russell
Joey

memories.

May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 August 2011

thanks.

Layout by BAKEDPOTATOE, with help from sm3no for the image and fonts, Print Dashed and Violation.