Wednesday, 19 May 2010.
because seriously, you can't write about being unjustly scolded, or why playing Pac-Man is a victimless crime, or your own personal opinions on school-organised events anymore?
I mean, hell, he's not the most PC of people, and I don't agree with several points, just like I didn't agree with several points when Byorn posted that rant about freeloaders or whatever a while back, but censorship? Really?
Perhaps I should start from the beginning.
Sean wrote a bitchy post, part of which was about how the NEWater place failed and part of which was about how he doesn't like the lab techs because they likened his watching people play Pac-Man to being a silent witness at a murder.
It turns out he got Talked To about that post, or something. Told, this is not a disciplinary offense, but blah blah blah blah blah.
Nothing drastic.
Now the blog is friendslocked. (I think?)
But seriously, I mean, what is this shit?
I mean, I may not rake people through the mud here, but that's a matter of common politeness. Sean may not be the best person at common politeness, but along with the parts I didn't agree with, I thought he raised some valid points. The sort of thing one thinks of every once and then, and then can't be bothered to say anything about.
Like, what is so very demerit-worthy about Pac-Man when the com lab is half-empty and nobody could care less?
None of the lab techs were even named.
(does anyone know their names?)
I mean, seriously, I don't have anything against lab techs. This is not even about the lab techs. This is about censorship.
I think it's fair to be annoyed when people can't even post an honest and frank post without authority throwing its weight around.
Please, come on, people.
Nobody is being targeted, nobody is being bullied. A valid point is being made. Un-politically-correct people don't necessarily have nothing to say; neither should they be forced not to say anything for fear of offending some hypothetical person out there who lives for the principle of not playing Pac-Man on school computers.
Mehhhhh.
I won't flatter myself that anyone in authority would come after me over this post, though; that would be beyond ironic. xD
{ 6:15 pm }