Wednesday, 12 May 2010.
My Internet says it has an excellent signal, but it’s lagging unbelievably. How very exasperating.
After finding out I’m not well enough to sit the rest of my exams, I can’t even relax at home and search the Internet, because the Internet isn’t even working.
I’m depressed today.
Can you tell?
It’s a headachy day, but that’s okay, because it’s Ri-chan’s birthday, and thus this post will be dedicated entirely to Ri-chan.
Are you reading this?
Firstly, although I realize it’s not the first time I’ve brought up this point, you’re the best friend I’ve ever had, and that counts for a lot, doesn’t it?
Secondly, you’re the best friend I could ever hope to have.
Thirdly, you don’t mind all my minor idiocies.
Fourthly, you have the best sense of humor ever.
Fifthly, I can only admire your selflessness and quirkiness and unselfconsciousness and openness and generosity and everything else about you.
Sixthly, you’re the only person who has actually listened to me when I told them not to cut their hair.
Seventhly, I can call you in the evening and talk to you for half an hour and you never even mind.
Eighthly, you’re maybe the one person who doesn’t have any secrets from me.
(You don’t, right? Right?)
Ninthly, you’re so much more awesome a person than anyone could ever deserve to be friends with.
Tenthly, you let me plan your 12th birthday party way back in P6, even though I know less about party planning than Latin verbs.
Eleventhly, I like the way you think. Scratch that, it sounds stupid. I am in awe of the way you think. The logical fallacies, the bubbliness, the underlying intelligence and unconsciously self-deprecating humor, but you’re modest enough in an actually sincere way to read this and think I’m talking nonsense, and how in that you’re so much more mature, so much better a person than I could ever even hope to be, and still retain your general awesomeness in all respects.
Twelfthly, you let me be a retard, and annoy you and tickle you, and you don’t mind, because you’re just that awesome.
Thirteenthly, we have four and a half years worth of memories now.
Fourteenthly, you’re the sort of person who’d forget her own birthday, and I don’t know if you remembered it this time round.
Fifteenthly, let’s stay friends forever, and ever, and ever, and please never let Naomi tell me you have a rich cute giggly Eurasian boyfriend in Sec 2 and make me cry all afternoon because you didn’t tell me yourself and then let me find out in the evening that it was a practical joke ever again.
Fifteen is enough, right?
Fifteen reasons why, on your fifteenth birthday, I find myself penning an overly sentimental dedication to an overly incredible person.
So now you’re fifteen, what’s it like?
One more year closer to the terrifying scourge of adulthood.
And you’re officially older than me now, you know that?
The other nine and a half months in the year, if anyone asked us our ages, they’d be the same. But from now until July 27th, you’re the fifteen-year-old, and I’m the fourteen-year-old.
I feel so immature now.
But I’m still taller than you, and my Japanese is better- ha!- and our Chinese is pretty much equally fail, and we’re both as ridiculous as children, and we can still watch stupid stupid movies and walk for long distances for no real reason and go to Wild Wild Wet with Shasha over the holidays, because I firmly believe it ought to become a tradition.
We haven’t seen each other in a long time now.
We should.
But let’s not go to your house, because the last two times I went there I fell ill, and I’m starting to think that the powers that be conspire against my visiting you.
I think I will call you tonight, and you’ll probably get my call before you read this, but that’s okay, because really this post is just here as a tribute to you.
I mean, hell, people make tributes to movie stars and singers and whatever all the time, but I’ve never seen a tribute to anyone who deserved it more than you.
I should make a video. >D
{ 10:44 pm }
narcissism.
edith.
27 July
SAS
materialist.
noise.
nonsense.
Vivian
Ji Hyun
Yoru-senpai (aka Jacen)
Nikki
Kesh
Rachelly
Yu Han
Onion-san
Isaac
Kuo Xuan
Cyrus
Shasha
Awa
M10309
Ruth
Russell
Joey
memories.
May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 August 2011
thanks.
Layout by BAKEDPOTATOE, with help from sm3no for the image and fonts, Print Dashed and Violation.