Sunday, 2 January 2011.
Happy new year, everyone!
I don't think I've quite absorbed that it's 2011 yet.
I will now proceed to talk at length about 2010.
2010 was a long year.
It was an awful year.
It was a great year.
If, right now, I met the myself of exactly one year ago, I don't think I would really recognise myself.
It was a year in which everything changed.
A year in which the more things changed, the more things stayed the same.
I've come through so much, but I don't know if I've changed at all.
I'm petrified of mediocrity, and every time I look behind myself-- one year, two years, ten years-- I find it.
I should probably stop expecting to escape it. The moment I'm far enough away from today to see myself through a different pair of eyes, I'll find mediocrity all over again.
No resolutions.
Some hopes and expectations.
A pile of regrets like dead white embers.
(I owe you an apology, Vivian.)
A hole left somewhere, because of course I just had to clear out six months after finding the first place in that school where I felt at home.
As for changing schools, well.
I miss a lot of people.
I've met a lot of people.
I remember 309 and I want to cry;
I remember NUSH and I'm glad I got out.
In maybe five years I'll look back and figure out whether I regretted any of it.
In 2010, people have been more important than ever.
I'd like to thank:
Christabella
Russell
Yoru-senpai
Naomi
Isaac
Cyrus
Awa
KX
Katie
Sean
Deepti
for being there in bits and pieces, for being awesome in some way or other.
i love you guys.
also a side dedication to Yuhan: didn't really expect that i'd end up talking to you much, but you're pretty awesome too. =)
Here's hoping for a happy 2011 and continued friendships. Picnic club, anyone?
{ 12:01 am }